Some links to organizations I like to help out when I have extra minutes or money:
- Protect-National Association to Protect Children-Co-founded by one of my personal heroes, author and lawyer, Andrew Vachss, "Protect is a national pro-child, anti-crime membership association founded on the belief that our first and most sacred obligation as parents, citizens, and members of the human species is the protection of children from harm."
- Angel's Gate Hospice for Animals-a residential, non-profit home for special needs animals where they can live out their days in peace, dignity and love.
- Soldier's Angels-Founded by the mothers of two American soldiers, they are an international, non-profit, volunteer-led organization supporting our men and women in uniform. I belong to the Letter Writing Team, but there are over 30 ongoing projects available to help veterans, wounded and deployed personnel and their families around the world.
- Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation-My husband raised three pups for this wonderful organization and we make their Open House and Walk for Fidelco annual family events.
- The Search Dog Foundation-I am proud to be the guardian of a beautiful and heroic yellow Lab named Marsi. Read her story HERE and I dare you not to become involved with these amazing dogs and their partners.
- DonorsChoose.org-an online charity connecting you to classrooms in need. Public school teachers across America post classroom project requests and you pick the ones you'd like to fund or partially fund. In return, you get photos of the project, a thank you letter from the teacher and a cost report showing how the money was spent.
- Let's Say Thanks In Support of Our Troops-Send a free printed postcard to U.S. military personnel stationed overseas.
- Animal Rescue Foundation-Terryville, CT. On November 23, 2008 a fire all but destroyed this shelter. Thankfully no people or animals were harmed, but what was left had to be torn down. Join me in helping them rebuild!
- German Shepherd Rescue of New England-An all volunteer, non-profit organization helping German shepherds who might otherwise be destroyed find homes.
- Canine Assistants-A non profit organization that trains and provides service dogs for children and adults with physical disabilities or special needs.
- Operation Hounds + Heroes-A program that pairs injured members of the United States military with shelter dogs.
- A Chance for Bliss-A nonprofit animal sanctuary that cares for senior and special needs animals. Thanks Sockington and the Socks Army for supporting and publicizing this great shelter.
Click daily to give-it's FREE!
- The Animal Rescue Site
- The Hunger Site
- The Breast Cancer Site
- The Child Health Site
- The Literacy Site
- The Rain Forest Site